Velkommen • Velkominn • Välkommen • Tervetuloa
Scandinavian Cultural Center – P.O. Box 2411, Santa Cruz, CA 95063
2020 – Schedule of Events at Viking Hall, 240 Plymouth St, Santa Cruz
- Mar 6, 7 pm – Explore Norwegian Food
- Apr 3, 6:30 pm – Pea Soup Dinner*
- May 1, 7 pm – Finnish Film: “Steam of Life”
- Sep 11, 7 pm – Story of Snowshoe Thompson
- Nov 6, 6:30 pm – Jul Dinner*
- Dec 5, 4 pm – Lucia Festival and Butik at Peace United Church, 900 High St.
* Dinner reservations required by published deadline.
Pictures from the 2019 Lucia Festival
Click here to find out more: Lucia Festival
Click here: Sponsorships $35
The mission of the Scandinavian Cultural Center of Santa Cruz is to:
• Promote an awareness of Nordic culture in Santa Cruz County – this includes the cultures of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and the Saami people.
• Preserve the Nordic traditions and heritage
SCCSC is a nonprofit educational organization incorporated in 1994 to promote and preserve Scandinavian and Nordic culture. The organization is managed by a Board of Directors and holds its meetings in the Viking Hall building in Santa Cruz.
We sponsor activities and special interest groups to enrich cultural understanding and foster friendships. Activities include educational speakers, demonstrations, performances, workshops, and dinners featuring traditional Nordic food. Anyone with an interest in Nordic culture is invited to participate. Cultural programs are open to all. At Christmastime, Scandinavian gifts and crafts are available at our Butik.
Click on the links below to see our activities for the current year.
Periodically we email an announcement of our upcoming activities. To receive these announcements, please go to the top right of this page and subscribe to the monthly email notice by clicking on CLICK HERE.
Learn Swedish Online
Free audio lessons with lesson notes, vocabulary lists and exercises at www.sayitinswedish.com.